perjantai 4. marraskuuta 2011

Some poetry

A few of my poems translated to English.


There's nothing more beautiful

Great cushions of velvet
so full of life

The master of smooth symmetry
has sewn them together without a seam

They are warm of life
they foam of speed

after moving like they are meant to move

eternity as their rythm,

more perfectly than anything in this world
that has ever been born or built






Traveler

My treasure is lost
My harbor I have to leave

My bearer has grown away from me

and I have no map

I find myself
a rather tired, defenceless explorer






Song of praise

Between the green deeps,
over the stone mounds

ever closer to the home of my soul

You will take me, my little friend

lift with your origin strength
carry with your stark spirit

to the grass and blooming trees

your hooves of rock
your mighty muscles

they know which way to go




As you maybe noticed, the first and the last poems tell about horses. I wrote the first one when I was watching a galloping horse and Song of praise describes some feelings I have about horses and riding. I tried to express how important they are in my life, so the journey in the poem symbolises life.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti