sunnuntai 24. lokakuuta 2010

Poems

I originally wrote these in Finnish but translated them for this blog.


Sundial

Suddenly I see

how pure the cold is

when, awaken by the snow,
the white flashes bubble
as smile-covered memories

that will stay in the bottom of
your stomach

to move agitatedly around
The blissful, painful nostalgy

Just like

the sun will climb up to enchant

all the conifer sisters
120 minutes of magic

and the blue shadows of the trees
are dancing, floating on their bedspread

like sundials




About insignificant things

Oh, sparrow
we've never been equal

You've always been

the brighter star

I've always been
an observer, I think

Not avoided, but still
tepid?

For always,
your little things
are bigger than my big things

and that's probably the reason

you make me feel like

you don't want me
smiling around you

but you know,
I always smiled for you





And the world would be too beautiful if

Listen,

the moon is throwing it's capes
jingling softly

to stars above the world

Look,

in the bottom of the sea

we'll caress the turqoise seaweed
that's composing us

a song about sea anemones
on it's beautiful coral bed

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti